OTJ Architects is looking for a Accounting Coordinator who is ready to hit the ground running, and hungry for a challenge! In addition to the traditional responsibilities below, we strongly encourage our staff to improve on established methods, seek out inefficiencies, and help build an infrastructure that can support a growing organization. We prioritize innovation and creative problem-solving. In this position, you will be a core member of a hands-on team that meets weekly to identify and brainstorm solutions for short and long-term accounting, billing, and finance issues. We are excited to add a new member to our lively and witty team!
This position involves all aspects of the billing cycle from invoice generation to collections. This position will also be largely involved with our Accounts Payable process, helping with vendor management, building successful business relationships, and keeping accurate reports.
• Create Client Invoices Monthly for assigned studios.
• Compile appropriate documentation to be sent out with client invoices.
• Assist with project close-out with relation to vendors/consultants.
• Monitor email correspondence for project-related documents.
• Extract reports from accounting software (Deltek Vision) into requested formats.
• Handle Collections for assigned studios.
• Resolve Client Issues and Questions
• Transcribe Accounts Receivable notes and enter into accounting software (Deltek Vision).
• Aid in data entry for received Accounts Payable invoices.
• Other Finance duties as needed and/or assigned.
• 1 to 3 years Accounting job experience OR relevant Associates/Bachelors degree
• Data Entry: 50 WPM+
• Experience with accounting software – Deltek Vision a plus
• Intermediate experience with Word and Excel
• Experience with GSA Awards a plus
• Ability to be responsive and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
• Basic understanding of general accounting (GAAP): AP/AR/Collections
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Extreme attention to detail and accuracy
• Flexible, reliable, and responsive to feedback
Thank you for your interest in a career with OTJ Architects. For nearly 30 years, we have experienced uninterrupted growth fueled by the design of award-winning projects for leading organizations across North America. The talent, expertise, and hard work of our team members are at the heart of this success. OTJ has offices in Washington DC, New York, NY, Miami, FL, San Francisco, CA, and Boston, MA.
Our vibrant culture is focused on wellness, work/life balance, as well as the opportunity to bond with fellow staff members and grow professionally. OTJ has a rich benefits package that includes fully paid medical and long-term disability coverage. In addition, we offer dental, vision, and other supplemental insurance plans. Financial perks include a generous 401k/Roth contribution as well as Flexible Spending and commuter benefits.
Your application was submitted successfully.