OTJ Architects, a premier architecture and design firm, has an immediate opening in its San Francisco, CA office for a Project Designer (commercial) with a minimum of two years of commercial interiors design experience. The job duties for this position include:
• Performs tasks in each of the five project phases: Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, Bidding and Negotiation, and Construction Administration
• Has knowledge of BOMA standards and terminology for creation of test fits
• Assist in permitting projects as needed
• May assist other staff on projects (responsible for assisting in multiple projects, in any phase)
• Effective planning, scheduling, and task management of assigned projects from start to finish
• Coordination of consultant efforts on assigned projects. Tracks and controls billable hours/budget on selected projects
• Successfully completes all contractual requirements on time and within budget, with a quality matching the OTJ values
• Maintains high client satisfaction to further client relationships
• Assists in marketing, business development, and collections efforts when needed
• Requires some supervision and guidance from senior staff, Studio Directors, and/or Partners
Candidates must have a four-year bachelor’s degree in design or architecture and a minimum of 2 years of commercial interiors design experience. Candidates must have: demonstrated technical competence in architecture and/or interior design; keen design sense and detail-oriented; strong skills in CAD and other design software such as Revit, Enscape, Sketchup, Adobe Suite, 3DS Max, etc.; good written and oral communication with clients and staff; understanding of project phases and sequencing; knowledge of building codes, project costs, and contracts; familiarity with California building codes and San Francisco permitting process; and ability to produce hand-built models and 3d printed models.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume through our online application process or to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application was submitted successfully.