Senior Project Designer
Reports To: Partner-in-Charge or Studio Director
• Working with entire project team, leads all efforts for vision and design phases. Leads the development of the overall design through concept presentations and graphics.
• Creatively approaches design, quickly solving complex problems with support of technical and design staff
• Reviews design and technical drawing of other more junior designers
• Review of engineering drawings to ensure they comply with design solution
• Works with technical staff to resolve inconsistencies in drawings
• Researches and selects fixtures and finishes to use for projects
• Obtain client approval and ensure integration into overall design
• Produces, reviews and finalizes space plans for projects
• Extensive knowledge of detailing and finalizes details on projects
• Develops and delivers overall design and furniture packages
• assist with support for field surveys
• Manages overall design budget with project manager
• Ensures adherence to set budget and immediately informs PM and/or client of any potential variances to the budget
• Oversees tasks and provide feedback on work product, Organizes and conducts client interviews to determine space needs and requirements
• Directs and mentor junior staff to in the design and documentation as required.
• Graduate of architecture or design school: equivalent experience may be substituted
• 8+ years’ experience in corporate interior design projects
NCIDQ certification preferred
Your application was submitted successfully.